The finalists of the Association of Noise Consultants (ANC) acclaimed Acoustic Awards have been announced.
Fifteen national and international acoustic projects have been revealed in the shortlist.
The entries have been scrutinised by a distinguished panel of judges comprising of academics and professionals, as well as representatives from the sponsor companies.
Promoting and recognising excellence among UK acoustic consultants, the winners will now be announced at an evening ceremony at the Hyatt in Birmingham on June 27.
The shortlist is;
Building Acoustics, sponsored by H&H Acoustic Technologies
- Adrian James Acoustics – Nur Alem Pavilion
- Arup – Royal Academy of Music
- Clarke Saunders Associates – Quadrant 4
- Hoare Lea – Outer Space Project
Education Acoustics, sponsored by Ecophon
- Apex Acoustics – The National Centre for the Written Word
- Hoare Lea – Royal Birmingham Conservatoire
- WSP – New River College Pupil Referral Unit
Environmental Noise, sponsored by ANV Measurement Systems
- Arup – Forth Replacement Crossing
- Southdowns Environmental Consultants – Crossrail C510
- Temple Group with FLO – Northern Line Extension
Vibration, sponsored by Pliteq
- Atkins – Sensitive Artefacts Strategy: Museum Collection Centre
- Apex Acoustics – Empirical method for vibration flanking transmission
- AECOM – Edit Suites
- Bureau Veritas – Sidac Sports and Social Club
- RBA Acoustics – Lyall Mews – Site Enclosure
The winners will be presented by Dr Hugh Hunt, Cambridge University Reader in Engineering Dynamics and Vibration at an evening ceremony, which is held after the ANC’s annual conference.
During the conference a further accolade is featured, the Best Presentation, sponsored by Armourcoat.
All 15 shortlisted entrants are eligible for this award, which is judged by audience votes following brief presentations of individual entries.
More details on the ANC Acoustic Awards can be found at http://www.association-of-noise-consultants.co.uk/anc-awards/