TRADE ASSOCIATION PR
Acoustic professionals gathered in Manchester for an annual event that promotes and recognises excellence in their industry.
Projects across a variety of environments were celebrated at the Acoustic Awards, organised by ANC, the Association of Noise Consultants, held at the Crowne Plaza, Manchester.
The winners were presented by renowned television and radio presenter, Maggie Philbin OBE.
For seven years ANC, the voice of professional consultancy in acoustics, noise and vibration, has held the awards to promote and recognise excellence among UK acoustic consultants.
This year the awards showcased the skills of members across six categories. The evening event also saw an award for the best presentation of a shortlisted project. This had been judged by delegates at the ANC conference, which had taken place earlier in the day.
A distinguished panel of judges comprising academics and professionals, as well as representatives from the sponsor companies, scrutinised the entries.
Dan Saunders, Chair of ANC, said: “The ANC awards highlight the unique skills of our acoustic and noise professionals.
“This year we’ve once again seen entries that represent the dynamic and diverse nature of the whole industry.
“The accolades reflect the ingenuity of our members’ work and highlight the positive impact that good acoustics brings to society overall.”
The winners were;
Building Acoustics – sponsored by H & H Acoustic Technologies
- WINNER: Apex Acoustics – Houseboat, Poole
- HIGHLY COMMENDED: RBA Acoustics – Archlight Cinemas, Battersea Power Station
- COMMENDED: Hoare Lea – Balliol College Student Accommodation project
Education Acoustics – sponsored by Ecophon
- WINNER: Adrian James Acoustics Ltd – New Music School, Kings College School, Wimbledon
- HIGHLY COMMENDED: MACH Group – Leighton Park School, Reading
Environmental Noise (Infrastructure) – sponsored by ANV Measurement Systems
- JOINT WINNER: Arup and Heathrow – Soundbooths for Heathrow’s public consultation on Airspace and Future Operations
- JOINT WINNER: Temple Group, The Ecology Consultancy, BSG, University of Bristol and HS2 – Acoustic Deterrents as a Bat Mitigation Strategy (also receives Innovation Award)
Environmental Noise (Non-Infrastructure) – sponsored by Bruel & Kjaer UK Ltd
- WINNER: MLM – Pentagon Motors, Chatham (also receives Good Acoustic Design Award)
- HIGHLY COMMENDED: Bureau Veritas – Proposed Care Home, St. Asaph Business Park (also receives Good Acoustic Design Award)
- COMMENDED: SRL Technical Services – St Andrews Church, Much Hadham
Vibration Prediction & Control – sponsored by CMS Danskin
- WINNER: WSP UK Ltd – Paddington Square
- HIGHLY COMMENDED: Hoare Lea – Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub, Warrington
- COMMENDED: Bickerdike Allen Partners LLP – Royal Opera House Open Up
Workplace Acoustics, sponsored by Armourcoat Acoustic
- WINNER: Hoare Lea – Project One 1 New Street Square, London
- HIGHLY COMMENDED: Adrian James Acoustics Ltd – Fletton Quays, Peterborough
- HIGHLY COMMENDED: Apex Acoustics – Acoustic design method for open plan offices (also receives Innovation Award)
Best Presentation – sponsored by Shepherd PR
- WINNER: SRL Technical Services – St Andrews Church, Much Hadham
Full details about the successful entries can be found in the awards brochure.