TRADE ASSOCIATION PR
National trade body the Association of Noise Consultants (ANC) has revealed the shortlist for its acclaimed awards programme.
Judges comprising of a panel of academics, professionals and representatives from sponsor companies have listed 16 entries under the six categories for this year’s awards.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony held after the ANC National Conference, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Manchester City Centre, on June 6.
Television and radio presenter, Maggie Philbin, will present the awards.
The Innovation and Good Acoustic Design entries are still to be announced and the results will be revealed at the awards dinner.
The shortlist is:
Building Acoustics, sponsored by H&H Acoustic Technologies
- Apex Acoustics – Houseboat, Poole
- Hoare Lea – Balliol College Student Accommodation Project
- RBA Acoustics – Archlight Cinemas, Battersea Power Station
Education Acoustics, sponsored by Ecophon
- Adrian James Acoustics Ltd – New Music School, Kings College School, Wimbledon
- MACH Group – Leighton Park School, Reading
Environmental Acoustics (Infrastructure), sponsored by ANV Measurement Systems
- Arup – Soundbooths for Heathrow
- Temple Group – Acoustic Deterrents as a Bat Mitigation Strategy
Environmental Acoustics (Non-infrastructure), sponsored by Bruel & Kjaer Ltd
- Bureau Veritas – Proposed Care Home, St Asaph Business Park
- MLM – Pentagon Motors, Chatham
- SRL Technical Services Ltd – St Andrews Church, Much Hadham
Vibration Prediction & Control, sponsored by CMS Danskin
- Bickerdike Allen Partners LLP – Royal Opera House Open Up
- Hoare Lea – Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub, Warrington
- WSP UK Ltd – Paddington Square
Workplace Acoustics, sponsored by Armourcoat Acoustic
- Adrian James Acoustics Ltd – Fletton Quays, Peterborough
- Apex Acoustics – Acoustic design method for open plan offices
- Hoare Lea – Project One, 1 New Street Square, London
More details on the ANC Acoustic Awards can be found at http://www.association-of-noise-consultants.co.uk/anc-awards/